Next Step
Phone 

Afternoon
Samuel Wordsworth Offline
Spirit
Shadow
Manifest - Telekinesis Roll:
7d6, 4/7 success

In the back of the book store there was a dusty old phone that barely got touched. Even with the dust and yellowed colour of the white plastic, the thing seemed futuristic and foreign to Sam, who had only ever considered it before. But now he had someone to call; the business card that had barely left his fingers since Dalton had given it to him.

Having something he could hold so easily was intoxicating, and seeing it so often had given him a lot of time to think about why he might call his new friend. Having someone around who was so knowledgeable about his spiritual predicament would certainly be useful while he was testing the boundaries....

It took a solid half hour of trying to knock the phone off the holder and press in the right buttons, half because it was so unlike what he knew and half because a lot of the time, his fingers slipped right through. Finally, he heard a ring tone come from the speaker and leaned in over the desk, unsure of what to actually say now he had succeeded.

" Ah, um, is...?"

He cleared his throat.

"Sorry. Um. Is this Dalton?"
Dalton Cessair Offline
Arcanist Human
Conjurer
The phone call came through while Dalton was in his office, picking his way through exam after exam, marking them down for errors, and stamping them with a grade. He welcomed the break, checking the screen and seeing the call was coming in through the SIM connected to his 'business.' He slid his finger across the screen to answer, the line connecting as the person on the other end was mid-greeting. He caught '-is this Dalton' and the uncertain tone, assuming some of it had been lost in the uncertain caller's haste.

"Hello, yes, this is he. To whom am I speaking?"

The doctor kept his voice light and friendly. It wasn't uncommon to be called by those who were either frightened or uneasy to be calling about magic and enchantments.
Spirit
Shadow
Actually hearing Dalton's voice, Sam paused. Was this stupid? Was it embarrassing to ask the man to basically accompany him on a walk? He was a grown man, ghost or not...realising it had been too long since he'd said anything, he tried to speak without letting himself overthink too much:

"It's ah, Samuel. Wordsworth. I don't know if you'll remember...you helped me, in the bookstore. I'm - um - dead."

For most people that would certainly be enough to spark a memory, but Dalton said he had worked with spirits before.

"You gave me a card. I was wondering if you could...if it's not too much trouble..maybe...help me with something? I know you said that there shouldn't be any serious danger from wandering too far, but 'banish' still sounds rather - well, I wouldn't want to be alone-"

He cringed, the admission far too much. With a sigh, he let Dalton respond, already sure he sounded pathetic.
Dalton Cessair Offline
Arcanist Human
Conjurer
Dalton recalled the ghost, so he was quick to let out a noise of recognition as the man stated his name. It was a bit amusing to be called up by a ghost, but Dalton had given him his number.

"Of course I can help you, Sam. You want to wander a bit? But you want, ah, backup, to use a turn of phrase. When did you want to try? Soon as possible?"

No longer a surgeon, Dalton had plenty of time to entertain odd pursuits such a chaperoning ghosts.
Spirit
Shadow
Sam closed his eyes and let out a relieved sigh as Dalton agreed to help. Not that he'd really expected the Doctor to throw down the phone in disgust, but there was still a heavy apprehension lifted off his shoulders.

"Well I- I'm hardly doing anything, so...whenever you can, really. Yes."
Dalton Cessair Offline
Arcanist Human
Conjurer
Dalton couldn't help the small laugh as Sam pointed out he had no habits or schedule to hold to. Some ghosts, still clinging to the illusion of life, held to the schedule they had when they had a pulse, going from point to point and imitating what they would have done when alive. Others broke with habits entirely, finding other things to occupy themselves, although that sometimes led to poltergeist behaviours. Sam, it seemed, was not out entertaining himself in such ways.

"Ah, of course. I can visit the bookshop sometime next week? We can take it from there, if you want to wander."