Previous Update » June Update

Mid-Summer

It's hot, it's time to hit the beaches!

When crossroads converge
Honey & Ivy 

Markus Eldridge Online
Arcanist Human
Circlebreaker
Markus took another drink from his glass, realizing the conversation had been getting quite low. He wasn't usually one to drink beer, preferring to stick to spirits, but something about the memories and conversations today had brought back old pains and fears. He almost chuckled, remembering how drunk he had been the first time he met Max. He didn't want to make it a theme.

As Max spoke up again, Markus would listen and cock an eyebrow. 'Cessair' wasn't a name he was familiar with, but he was obviously related to the supernatural. Markus committed the name to memory if only to know the connection to Max in the future. The topic, however, was far more interesting, getting rid of spirits. He wondered if it was some sort of exorcism, banishment, murder. Before Markus even thought to ask, however, Max finished making it clear that he didn't learn the secret.

“I see,” Markus started, contemplating. He wasn't really sure how he felt about it. If it was a ghost, then it must have been a person, and while it was angry, what Max said about it being tortured stuck with him. He wasn't sure how he would feel about getting rid of it, killing it really, when it had already probably gone through so much. “Probably for the best, I have no intention or need to hunt ghosts.”
Max Kuryakin Offline
Wolf Shifter
Mundian
Max chuckled, suddenly thinking about jumpsuited nerds with thick rimmed glasses, countering the supernatural with technology. A suddenly humorous thought in the wake of what they'd discussed. Max let the thought move his mood away from the pensive concern of before.

“True enough, I'm not nerdy enough to be a Ghostbuster,” Max said into his beer with a little chuckle. Not that kind of nerd, at least, he'd been an average student of the sciences. He amended, “Well, unless ghosts hate being quoted literature.”
Markus Eldridge Online
Arcanist Human
Circlebreaker
Markus gave the other man a sidelong look as he chuckled and even smiled when he heard the ghostbuster reference. Markus, for one, was glad he didn't have a flashy jumpsuit and vacuum on his back when he was dealing with the spirit. The hassle would have probably gotten him killed.

“I mean, their gear was totally impractical anyway, ” Markus said with a smile. “Literature, huh?” He decided to ask. Markus was never good at his humanities; that was Victoria's thing, but he did find other people's interests fascinating. He did, however, wonder which is worse for a ghost, quoting Edgar Allen Poe or quoting scripture.
Max Kuryakin Offline
Wolf Shifter
Mundian
The shift in the conversation was welcomed, Max belatedly realising he didn't have the technical chops in magic to theorise how realistic ghost-busting equipment was. Markus picked out his mention of literature to continue their talk, letting the complicated magical theorising behind, which worked out for Max.

“Yeah, literature,” Max agreed, huffing a laugh. “Got a Masters I only use to check what sort of bullshit I'm running into is. My thesis was on folklore and popular media.”

Smiling crookedly, only Max was privy to the irony. At the time it had been funny for the werewolf to dig into, but he'd learnt plenty of what was real and what wasn't about shifters, and the way folklore hinted to truth, but popular perception could add in inaccurate bits. Useful, overall.
Markus Eldridge Online
Arcanist Human
Circlebreaker
Markus raised his eyebrow as Max explained. It actually made a lot of sense, and he himself had only recently started looking into folklore to try and make sense of anything.

“I see, no wonder she liked you.” He said with a smile, knowing Victoria would have been fascinated. “Is any of it useful? I always wonder how much of it is relevant. Like, I assume vampires don't sparkle, but what about the spontaneous combustion of Dracula, I feel like that would have been caught by someone somewhere on video.” Markus comments. Perhaps he would meet a vampire one day.